Mental health is an issue that impacts every workplace in Canada and we feel it is our duty to maintain and therefore contribute positively on our people’s well-being. After all, a healthy mind is essential to an individual’s happiness, interpersonal relationships, and ability to perform effectively in the workplace and beyond.
But above all, Phoenix Truck & Crane believes it is their responsibility to be good corporate citizens and our philanthropy investments tend to focus on supporting education within our industry, the youth, and health and safety. We selectively choose initiatives that represent our core values and will benefit our country in the long run. Who wouldn’t want to contribute to having an educated, healthier and more composed work force?
This benefits us, our (future) children and our (future) grandchildren – it’s a win-win!
Phoenix Truck & Crane is proud to help people obtain a better future and rich experiences. When we look back at our recent contributions, we couldn’t be more satisfied knowing that we are helping:
1. 64 Riverview Hospital patients receiving therapy to be more social and add physical activities into their day to day lives by financing a coffee shop & fitness room in their facilities.
2. Our local youths by supporting the ACCESS youth society Mall-based outreach program which provide work experiences to young adult.
3. Bring harmony in Pediatrics by financing the Royal Columbian Hospital music therapy program. The Hospital’s Pediatric Unit provides a high level of care to more than 1,000 children each year, from communities including Burnaby, Coquitlam, Maple Ridge.
4. The Eagle Ridge Hospital emergency department in saving lives by contributing to having the right equipment.
5. St Paul’s Foundation with their annual Lights of Hope – which opening night is scheduled this Friday at 6:30 pm.
6. Building For Kids Charity Golf Classic by providing them complimentary services and entertainment.
7. Nicolas, a wonderful 6-year old living in Maple Ridge who is diagnosed with SMA.
We’ll stop here but there are so many more initiatives that we take part of and they all mean the world to us.
There’s an event next week though that is different than anything we’ve been a part of before. We have decided to support a Canadian icon as she shares her life story in the hope of inspiring others and to erase the stigma surrounding mental health issues. Phoenix Truck & Crane is delighted to be a part of welcoming Margaret Trudeau to speak in the Tri Cities, which will include a free copy of her book “Changing My Mind” upon entry.
Book signings will be available after the presentation on a first-come, first-serve basis, and we will be there to assist you all!